Your home could probably use some maintenance this time of year (spring cleaning)—and so could your health! Now is an excellent time to evaluate and set goals for your physical activity, diet, sleep routine, and more. And your local Logan, Utah OB/GYN can help!
Prioritize Your Health This Spring
With its warmer temperatures, increased sunshine, and beautiful blooms, spring is a revitalizing and motivating season. This extra motivation can be channeled to help improve habits and boost your overall quality of life.
In fact, spring can be a great time to reevaluate your health and wellness and set goals to help you put yourself first.
Not sure where to get started? Here are a few ideas:
- Stop by your local market and fill your meals with a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Take advantage of the variety of in-season produce that’s packed with micronutrients the body needs.
- Be mindful about what you eat, especially at gatherings like picnics and barbecues. This doesn’t and shouldn’t be anything extreme, but simply think about choosing fresh foods over processed, sugary, fatty, or fried foods.
- Drink plenty of water. When it’s warmer, your body often loses moisture faster. Drink water throughout the day, especially when you’re active outdoors.
- Get outside! Even moderate daily physical activity like a short walk can have a significant impact on your long-term health.
- Soak up the sun! This helps boost vitamin D and serotonin levels.
- Protect your skin from UV rays. While sunlight is important for health and wellness, sun exposure can damage your eyes and skin. Be sure to use sun protection like sunscreen, protective clothing, and sunglasses.
- Get your sleep schedule on track. Dark, cold winter months tend to throw off the body’s natural sleep schedule. Avoid electronic devices, exercise, or meals within the hour before bedtime. And the good news is, the more you move during the day the better you’ll sleep at night!
- Be aware of allergens. If you suffer from hay fever or seasonal allergies like pollen, take any needed medications and do your best to keep your home dust and allergen-free.
- Check in with your Logan, Utah OB/GYN. Spring is an excellent time for your annual physical to make sure you are healthy and on track.
Logan, Utah OB/GYN
Your annual physical is the perfect time to discuss any existing conditions or medications, stay up to date with health screenings and immunizations, and get a pap smear if necessary.
We’re here for you through every season and beyond!
Contact your Logan, Utah OB/GYN today to schedule an appointment.