As your Logan Utah OB/GYN, your health is always at the forefront of our minds. And a significant part of women’s health is getting proper nutrients and eating well balanced meals.
Now, it’s important to remember that eating healthy doesn’t have to be a chore or a compromise! In fact, there are simple ways to infuse fresh, delicious flavors into your diet that don’t break the bank or keep you from eating your favorites.
So let’s explore a few ideas that can be easy to implement and apply in a variety of different recipes—especially for summer!
Simple Recipes To Try This Season
- Avocado toast. Add your own spin to this fan-favorite by adding veggies (cucumber slices or tomatoes are our favorite), fresh lime juice, your favorite cheese or spread, nuts, fresh herbs, or even a fried egg for some extra protein.
- Kebabs. There are so many ways to make this your own! Fruits and veggies like squash, zucchini, red onion, cauliflower, tomato, sweet potatoes, pineapple, mushrooms, and lemon are especially delicious. Leave it at that, or add chicken, shrimp, or steak before you throw these on the grill. Add an extra punch with a dark or light balsamic drizzle, BBQ glaze, soy sauce, or sriracha for a bit of a kick!
- Stuffed peppers. Half a bell pepper of your choice, then fill it with taco meat or quinoa, Mexican blend cheese, sour cream, and any of your other favorite toppings. This is a great way to get your taco fix but with a low-carb option.
- Burgers on the grill. Go with traditional beef, or turkey or veggie burgers for a leaner option. Mix some Worcestershire and soy sauce with the meat, as well as finely chopped shallots, garlic, fresh herbs like parsley, and your favorite seasonings. Serve on a whole grain bun with fresh lettuce and tomato.
- Fresh salad. It may sound simple, but you really can whip up a yummy salad with whatever is on hand in your fridge! Choose your meat, like chicken, steak, salmon, or shrimp, your favorite greens, and toppings. Some of our favorites are mandarin oranges, cucumber, carrots, mango, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, red onion, corn, and avocado. Throw in some toasted almonds, pine nuts, croutons, or tortilla strips for some added crunch, a cheese of your choice, then top with your favorite store bought or homemade dressing.
Gynecologist In Logan, Utah
As your Logan, Utah OB/GYN, our goal is to help you enjoy optimal health through every season of life. It’s important to give your body the fuel it needs so you can accomplish the many demands you face on a daily basis, and enjoy the journey along the way.
Wishing you a happy, healthy, FUN summer season!