Did you know that cardiovascular diseases are one of the greatest threats to women’s health? Additionally, did you know that most stroke and heart disease-related deaths are preventable? Heart disease is the number one killer of women and takes more lives than all forms of cancer combined.
During the month of February, The American Heart Association raises awareness on women’s heart health to help improve the lives of women across the globe. Through the Go Red for Women initiative, you can make a difference in your own life and in the lives of others.
How To Get Involved This Month
The purpose of the Go Red for Women movement is to share heart health facts and help women take charge of their own heart health and make an impact in the lives of their friends and loved ones. Here are a few ways you can show your commitment this February:
- Participate in National Wear Red Day on Friday, February 4th. Show your support and raise awareness about heart disease and stroke.
- Reclaim Your Rhythm—particularly after the effects of COVID-19—Stress has soared while physical and mental health has declined. Recommit to healthy habits with these tips from The American Heart Association.
- Know the warning signs and symptoms of heart attack and stroke in women, If you or someone you’re with has any of these symptoms, call 911 and get to a hospital immediately.
- Learn the facts—including how to prevent and live with cardiovascular disease.
- Know your unique risk factors.
- Implement tips for healthy living—like getting fit, eating healthy, and maintaining an all-around healthy lifestyle.
- Mothers and caregivers, learn how to instill healthy habits in children while also taking care of yourself.
- Get involved with Go Red events in your area, and take action by advocating or volunteering.
OB/GYN In Logan, Utah
Cache Valley Women’s Center stands with you in your efforts to improve your own health and the health of women worldwide.
Contact us today to make an appointment with our OB/GYN in Logan, Utah.