As your OB/GYN in Logan, Utah, Cache Valley Women’s Center is here to support and help you through life and all that comes your way in regards to your reproductive health.
Birth control is a very personal choice. Each woman’s circumstances and body is unique and the birth control option she chooses should be too.
Here are some of the most common birth control options available through your OB/GYN in Logan, Utah.
Personalized Birth Control Options
- Oral Contraceptives. These are one of the most popular forms of birth control. Commonly known as “the pill,” oral contraceptives consist of either an estrogen/progestin combo or in progestin-only form. Taking the pill at the same time every day is essential for maximum effectiveness. Oral contraceptives can also help reduce cramping, heavy periods, and the risk of certain health conditions.
- Implant (Nexplanon). This is a small plastic rod inserted into the upper arm. It releases a hormone called etonogestrel and prevents pregnancy for three years. It’s a great low-maintenance, long term option and is safe for women who are breastfeeding or who cannot use estrogen.
- IUD. These small, flexible devices are inserted into the uterus. They are also long-term and low-maintenance. Fertility usually returns quickly after having an IUD removed. They’re available in a hormonal or non-hormonal option.
- Sterilization. For women who know they’re done having children, tubal ligation, hysterectomy, and minilaparotomy are permanent birth control options.
- Depo-Provera Shot. This is a progestin shot you receive from your OB/GYN in Logan, Utah every 12 weeks. It’s a low-maintenance option, but it may take up to a year to get pregnant after you stop receiving the shots.
- The Patch (Ortho Evra). This square patch is worn on the body and replaced weekly. It releases hormones similar to the pill to prevent pregnancy.
- Vaginal Ring (NuvaRing). This small, flexible ring is inserted into the vagina every three weeks and releases estrogen and progestin to prevent pregnancy.
- Barrier Methods. There are also various barrier methods to prevent pregnancy—condoms, diaphragms, and spermicide.
OB/GYN In Logan, Utah
Our team can help at every stage of your reproductive journey. That includes helping you find the right birth control option for the stage of life you’re in.
Contact your OB/GYN in Logan, Utah today to discuss birth control options.