Summer is a time for warm weather and plenty of quality time with your loved ones. While making priceless memories with your kids, it matters to prioritize your health with help from an OB/GYN in Logan, Utah—and also to teach those healthy habits to your family.
Here are a few ideas to help you and your kids stay active, engaged, creative, and healthy this summer.
- Go to a farmers market then make a healthy recipe together
- Find rocks outside then paint them
- Take a day trip to a hike, lake, or nature walk
- Workout together at the gym or at home
- Do a DIY craft
- Try a new playground in your area
- Go swimming or to a waterpark
- Set up a lemonade stand
- Have art time, like painting, drawing, writing, or using sidewalk chalk
- Create a playlist together then have a dance party
- Run a family 5K
- Go to the library
- Encourage your kids to put on a play for you
- Build a fort inside or a tree fort outside
- Let your kids have free, unstructured play to help foster independence and creativity
- Ride bikes or rollerblades together
- Go to a local zoo or nature center
- Take equipment to a local park and play a sport like soccer or frisbee, or fly kites
- Pack a picnic lunch
- Turn on a sprinkler or slip and slide in your yard
- Jump rope
- Have a backyard campout
- Blow bubbles
- Go to a local lake and kayak, paddleboard, or boat
- Have your kids help with yard work
- Plant a garden together
- Go to a splash pad
- Play a yard game like cornhole, horseshoes, or hopscotch
OB/GYN In Logan, Utah
Of course, you have the important role of caring for your family and helping your kids have a fun summer full of learning and growing. But keep in mind, your health and happiness needs to be prioritized, too.
Cache Valley Women’s Center is here to help with all of your women’s health needs. Our OB/GYN in Logan, Utah is here for you through every season of life.